The 2015 Year End Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim’s post. (It’s our way of saying “Thanks!”) We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme’s best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let’s go!!!
The 2015 Year End Meme
From the archives!
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before? I traveled to a place I had never been and knew no one. I have lived alone for the first time in my life. I have realized that ending some out of date friendships is not the end of the world.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I will have to make new ones.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister is pregnant and should give birth soon. A good friend is also pregnant and another sister had a baby a year ago today.
4. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2015? I matter too.
5. What was your favorite new TV program? Ash vs The Evil Dead. It is corny but fun to watch.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? Love. Someone that loves me for me and is not required to by law. Someone who appreciates who I am.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 25th. It was the day kiddo graduated High School and June 10th, it was the day I turned 40.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Realizing I matter too. It is easy to get consumed by being the mom, the sister, the friend and lose sight that you too are a person and have needs too. This year I have been able to explore what makes me happy without the guilt.
9. What was your biggest failure? My work life balance.
10. What was the best thing you bought? A new car but it has also been the scariest. The car payment struggle is real.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Undecided
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Too many too choose. Undecided
13. What song will always remind you of 2015? Love you like I’m gonna lose you and see answer to #18
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Save money. It seems like something I have yet to master.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Waste time on people that don’t appreciate me.
16. What was the best book you read? I read a lot.
17. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? Ability to meet new people and find activities that I enjoy.
18. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Lyrics from Of Mice and Men song, “Never giving up”